Author Topic: Killing three Tanks in town v.s. 30 tanks scattered across town  (Read 997 times)

Offline AKA_TG

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
My thing about our campaign is I really wish we had more tanks to kill and that the tanks were perhaps scattered about in some areas and together near a road in other areas (to simulate some kind of reality in how tanks were deployed. )

But the key thing is they should be a little easier to kill then they currently are.

The damage metrics for tanks is way overdone. It is genuinely frustrating to see a 500 pound bomb crater, less than a foot away from a tank's track wheels and that sucker is still intact as if it were not even scratched.

IS there any way at all to adjust damage modeling of tanks while placing many of them scattered so that the game is much more realistic and fun to play?

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
Re: Killing three Tanks in town v.s. 30 tanks scattered across town
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 12:19:23 pm »
excellent question, TG.
Rel?

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 02:22:44 pm »
Blame the makers of HSFX 7 :).  We have no control over this, this is entirely in the game/sim (whether it's 4.12 or HSFX 7).

Try using many small bombs instead of fewer larger bombs.  It seems that even with a big high explosive bomb you need to either hit the tank or have the bomb explode right up next to it.  Other than that, try the 110 with the 37mm and 30mm Mk108 (or the HS129 with the 37mm) and dive in from 30+ degrees from behind the tank, especially against the Shermans.  The Cruiser tanks seem to have thinner armor and may not require that high of an angle of attack.

S! Rel
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:25:30 pm by AKA_Relent »

Offline AKA_Jericho

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 05:31:55 am »
I think the best thing to do is not KILL My damn Tanks !

J

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 09:11:14 am »
May I suggest parking them at Timini? :o

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.