Author Topic: Monitor  (Read 684 times)

Offline Recon

• View Profile
Monitor
« on: June 12, 2015, 10:06:02 pm »
I realize after talking on comms that my monitor/brightness might have been too high.  I'm just not sure - so I am going to tone it down to see if it helps.

I do have an AMD card, not NVidia, but it's a nice card - but still, it seems you guys are able to pick things up below against the ground and I have a really hard time seeing it.

Offline Recon

• View Profile
Re: Monitor
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 05:42:33 pm »
Lowering my resolution and adjusting my brightness/contrast to see if that helps

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 08:16:52 am »
Here is another thing to try Recon, (I am talking about the injector-fx)

http://www.stormofwar.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=2122&sid=fbdd807d4711ae0e0ac9598c4e4ecf09

I used Sweet FX for a while but it had issues, I saw this from Philstyle and I am happy with it.  It is just a post processing DLL and it is super easy to use and remove if you don't like it.  I turned down his saturation settings.

There is a balance you have to strike between smoothness and spotting.  I can set my Nvidia DSR to make COD look awesome and smooth from any angle and distance, but that dramatically reduces my ability to spot aircraft so I compromise between good looks and good spotting.

MattE
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:25:27 am by AKA_MattE »

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 10:09:07 am »
Thanks I'll check it out

Unfortunately I had to drop my super high res down - sacrifice looks with being able to spot things easier.  That seemed to help.

As with you sweet fx caused me some issues where the game would crash

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 12:02:12 pm »
wow - that is amazing - much better than the washed out look