Author Topic: What is the difference  (Read 744 times)

Offline AKA_Trapper

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
What is the difference
« on: September 16, 2013, 12:05:33 pm »
 Can someone please tell me the difference between "DCS WWII: Europe 1944" and "IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad (August 23, 1942 – February 2, 1943)" ?

All's I know is one is a "kickstarter" and the other a "pre-order", and the time periods are different.

Thanks,

Trap

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
Re: What is the difference
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 03:37:52 pm »
Different developers,  DCS WW II is a collaboration between Eagle Dynamics (DCS series) and Ilya “Luither” Shevchenko (COD and Maddox Games) and Oleg Maddox (Maddox games):   Il2 Battle of Stalingrad is a collaboration between 777 studios (Rise of Flight) and 1C Games (the guys who use to work with Maddox games on the original IL2).

Though battle of Stalingrad has IL2 in its title it is using the Rise of Flight engine, not the IL2 engine.  The DCS product will be using the DCS engine, but I believe a new map engine and the two principle guys who brought you the original IL2 are working on the project including the Project lead Ilya Shevchenko.  Legacy Il2 still lives with COD which was dropped by 1C and is being modded by team Fusion.

Clear as Mud?

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Ramstein

• "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What is the difference
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 05:58:32 pm »
two different software engines, separate teams.. but you can probably see the preview just by flying DCS... for the DCS stuff... not sure if CLOD could be said of that being a preview for that WWII sim...

IMHO

ASUS Z107 Pro Gaming
Intel i53570K 3.40 GHZ
G.Skill DDR4 ram 16 GB
Nvidia GTX1060 6GB Video Graphics
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Silicon Power 240GB M55 M.2 2280 SSD
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
CM HAF 922 pc case