Author Topic: Squad Night  (Read 2746 times)

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Squad Night
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2015, 11:13:04 am »
I am busy with reno's now and after that I have a boat I need to get back together but I wouldn't rule out doing another campaign generator.  I would say that it would have to be BoS/M as the map in CoD is terrible for the kind of tactical campaigns I like to fly (the roads, railroads and bridges do not connect) and the aircraft on the allied side are not suited for ground attack.

It would mean starting all over again as the BoS/M missions files are completely different but in some ways that is a good thing because I have a idea of what I want the finished product to look like.  I hadn't a clue of how far the IL2(1946) generator would go when I started it.

AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2015, 11:29:47 am »
S! I bit the bullet as well and bought the premium BOS just got it all installed but haven't tried it yet,i don't mean to sound harsh but as current flight sim enthusiasts either you move forward with technology or you get left behind as we all know,we need to stay current or else we as a squad will just splinter apart and be part of a squadron in name only which is no good for us as most of us now have been flying together for at least 15 years I would hate to see that fall apart as you guys are more than "just friends" I would be willing to bet our wives know most of the squadrons pilots names by heart lol:)

I thought you already had BoS Wiley - in any case, BoS premium is a good deal now at 50% off, so good on you :).

No worries Wiley, you're right, some of us (me included) have just been plugging away with IL2/46 since it's has so many aircraft/theaters and we keep going with new campaigns one after the other.    I and I'm sure others have many of the other sims mentioned (CloD, DCS, RoF, BoS) and fly them here and there, but since IL2/46 has an established campaign path and structure, it's been easy to continue with flying.  Also, for those who haven't invested in upgraded graphics cards or CPU or RAM, IL2/46 still runs smoothly - flying the more modern sims with old hardware is not very gratifying if you have to tone down the graphics so much just to get them to run smooth.  So we have to be patient for those AKA'ers that need to upgrade before they can more fully enjoy these newer sims.

There are campaign generators (written by Pat Wilson?)  for both RoF and BoS (single player), so hopefully they aren't as complicated as DCS or CloD and we can move forward on this front.  At least both sides have ground attack capable aircraft so it lends itself to a nice multiplayer campaign type of scenario.

S! Rel 

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2015, 11:33:40 am »
I am busy with reno's now and after that I have a boat I need to get back together but I wouldn't rule out doing another campaign generator.  I would say that it would have to be BoS/M as the map in CoD is terrible for the kind of tactical campaigns I like to fly (the roads, railroads and bridges do not connect) and the aircraft on the allied side are not suited for ground attack.

It would mean starting all over again as the BoS/M missions files are completely different but in some ways that is a good thing because I have a idea of what I want the finished product to look like.  I hadn't a clue of how far the IL2(1946) generator would go when I started it.

Music to my ears Scorp! :).  That would be great - as I mentioned above and you've re-affirmed, BoS/BoM are probably the best sims to try and incorporate the campaign generator/server manager type tools you did for IL2/46.   Let me know if I can be of assistance - I've used your IL2/46 framework enough now that hopefully I can be a sounding board for you when you come up with ideas.

S! Rel

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2015, 12:06:34 pm »
Oh man, that would be fantastic!!
Can't wait to see/fly it when it comes to fruition.

Gos

"Death from above"

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 06:58:32 am »
Awesome Wiley - it's a different feel than the past IL2 (if you had ROF you'd probably say it feels more like that)

I know we mostly fly Allied - but with 71st flying Allied - maybe it's a chance to fly Luftwaffe (just a thought)

Scorp:  "Maybe we should do BoS/M on Tuesdays, that way it won't interfere with anything thing else the non IL2(1946) are doing."

Agree, and then if others agree to Rel's post about just doing 1946 on Sunday night - that would also open up Fridays.

We could do BOS on Tuesday/Friday  - would give more exposure to the game and let us fly together.

I'm honestly excited to see us making some progress here  :)

Offline AKA_Goshawk

• Executive Officer
  • Administrator
  • "Death from above"
    • View Profile
    • Goshawk's Nest
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 10:14:21 am »
I believe Battle of Moscow has not yet released, is this correct?

"Death from above"

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2015, 10:26:54 am »
It hasn't been officially released but if you purchase it now you get access to the new aircraft as they are available.

http://il2sturmovik.com/
AKA_Scorp