Author Topic: Scorp: Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:24:44 am by AKA_Recon »

Offline AKA_Scorp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Scorp: Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 08:47:07 pm »
Thanks Recon, much better than the built in campaign.
AKA_Scorp

Offline AKA_Taipan

• Commanding Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 08:15:40 am »
Very cool.  Thanks for this Recon!

Sink your teeth in...Let go only when dead.

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 06:31:35 pm »
I was thinking of downloading this.  Can you get points and unlock things with this generator like you can with the built in one?  I got the premium BoS that was supposed to have everything unlocked, but I only see some preset load outs;  everything else I have to unlock via the campaign.

Thanks,
S! Rel

Offline AKA_MattE

• AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 07:49:10 pm »
Rel you have to unlock them via your account on the BOS website, log in with you info and go to you account you should see it there,

MattE

Certified DCS Aircraft

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 08:18:05 pm »
Ahh - :).  Oh well I've been having fun unlocking all of the IL2 load outs via the campaign, but I think I'll go and do this anyway :).

Thanks!
S! Rel

Offline Recon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 07:02:08 am »
Yeah, I'm still unlocking via campaign :)

The campaign has helped me learn the game better - which I suggest that for most everyone.

It was from Pat Wilson's IL2 generator that we based our original Forgotten Skies war - and from there I think Scorp built upon the concepts.

BOS series has a different mission objective - I really think we could go back to early FS concept where you destroy primary/secondary objectives.   I like this because it makes the wars more direct and less open ended.   Sometimes when it's too open ended everyone just avoids everyone - whereas when you know you must destroy (and vice versa protect) and area, it creates some good tension.

Progress...

Offline AKA_Relent

• Training Officer
  • Administrator
  • AKA_Wardogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 10:18:01 am »
Yeah I was unlocking via the campaign as well, but I went ahead and unlocked the weapons anyway :).  I'll still see about going through the campaign as it unlocks the skins.  I also like the campaign system forcing you to complete an objective - not only that but forcing you to fly to the next waypoint to get a successful mission.  This encourages you to fly a little smarter,  as if your aircraft is damaged too much and you can't fly to that last critical waypoint the mission is a failure.  It's actually a good test of your navigation skills too, comparing what you see outside with what you see on the map. I can se how it might get old after a while (got lost one sortie and I almost ran out of gas before finding  the post target waypoint! :) )

Overall, I like BoS, except for the limited nationalities/aircraft variety compared to IL2/46, IMO it's a better feling of flight - although I've only tried single player mode so far.